At the start of July, Ana and Kunal Tandale threw their hat into the hospitality industry, and took over The Blackout; a neighbourhood bar hidden in a nook in Lindfield, a stones through from the train station. Just a few weeks into their new gig, the owners have already injected some much needed life into the venue, in more ways than one.
As well as a brand new Tapas menu featuring curious fusion delights, The Blackout announced the return of live music to the venue for the first time in some months. With very few bars in the area offering such an experience, The Blackout is set to become a shining beacon for regulars, locals and just about anyone else on the North Shore line.
The Blackout kicked off it’s reinvigorated live entertainment last weekend, hosting the incandescent solo acoustic performer, and Six8 favourite Murray James, who will be returning to the venue again this weekend for more..We thought we’d check in with Ana Tansdale to see how it all went down…
1) Firstly, How long have you been running venues? We’d love to know your career path that led to taking over The Blackout…
Ana: Both me, and my husband have over 15 years of experience in the Hospitality Industry and also the Food & Beverage Industry.
Kunal is a Professional Chef that has lead teams at the Four Points By Sheraton and Pullman Hyde Park, where he introduced the use of liquid nitrogen in dishes and also molecular gastronomy.
His creativity has no limits and his passion for creating gastronomic experiences has no end. I have passion for customer service and food & beverage, I have worked around the world in hotels, restaurants as well as cruise ships.
2) How does The Blackout compare to other venues you’ve worked at, or run?
Ana: The Blackout is ours!
3) You recently hosted your first weekend of live music, in your opinion what does live music bring to a venue like The Blackout?
Ana: Live Music will put The Blackout back on the map.
4) You used the Six8 platform for your live music, how much easier did this make the process of finding and hosting live music?
Ana: It’s super easy; I couldn’t be happier with the response we had on our first event.
5) When will your next live music event be?!
Ana: It will be ongoing every Friday & Saturday
Live music continues at The Blackout this week featuring Murray James. Want to bring live music into your venue? Reach out to Six8 and we’ll make sure you never miss a beat again.